February 8, 2023
The 2023 Smith Story Spring Wine Release is fast approaching and wine details are now posted on our Wine Shop page. Our Spring 2023 Wine Release goes live to members on March 1 then non-members on March 15. The #1 benefit of being a member of The Storytellers is savings and allocations.
There are three membership levels to select from, wines are shipped 2x a year. This release, we are soon to announce a special gift for all Storyteller shipments of a mixed case or more too. The Storyteller's Wine Club is truly the heartbeat of Smith Story, we are so honored!!! Easy to join on our website.
The three 2023 Spring Wine Release:
- Our #1 in demand wine, the 2022 Smith Story Sauvignon Blanc, 100% organic fruit farmed from two family vineyards in Sonoma County. 600 cases made.
- Our inaugural white Rhône 2022 Smith Story, Fleur Blanc, Dry Creek Valley. Also our first wine fermented in a concrete egg. A 50/50 blend of PicPoul and Bourboulenc. 124 cases made.
- Our 2022 Carbonic Maceration BRAVE is 100% Zinfandel from Russian River Valley and may just be the world's best red-chilled party wine. The cool kids often tell us that "BRAVE wine is my favorite red wine ever and that it's EXTRA, DOPE, STRAIGHT FIRE". Which in GenX language means: RAD! 100 cases made.
Storytellers, an email landed in your inbox this earlier this week regarding the trip of a lifetime food and wine "Smith Story Goes to Greece" in September (reach out to Dusty for details) and Smith Story Spring 2023 Wine Release details.
A few of your favorites nearing sold-out status:
- 2016 Smith Story Wine Cellars, Pickberry Vineyard, Merlot, Sonoma Mountain (February Featured Library Wine)
- 2016 Smith Story Wine Cellars, Pickberry Vineyard, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma Mountain. (February Featured Library Wine)
- 2019 Smith Story Wine Cellars, Cabernet Franc, Sonoma County
- 4th Release of the Lord Sandwich Red Wine, Sonoma County
It's true...we did not produce Smith Story Rosé in 2022 so get the 2021 while you can!
A FEW SEATS ARE AVAILABLE (we've had a few cancellations due to sickness)
Join us this Friday February 10 or Saturday 11th for our encore “Dungeness Crab Cake & Wine Pairing”, featuring Smith Story Sparkling Brut and a cellar selection 2016 Smith Story Dutton Ranch Chardonnay, Russian River Valley. Details and to reserve on TOCK . The Friday tastings are 5-8pm “Smith Story by Candlelight” and Saturday seating is from 12-4pm. Plan for an hour with us. Gather your friends, bring your Mom, this weekend will be so enjoyable at Smith Story's tasting room. PS. Our tasting room is just under 2000sq ft. with tall ceilings and open air flowing, seating is not crowded. Outdoor seating open of course pending the weather.
SOLD OUT. Sonoma Coast Winemaker Dinner at Diavola Pizzeria & Salumeria: February 11 Featuring Ali Story, pouring a rare and very special library selection of 2015 Smith Story Thorn Ridge Vineyard Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast. This is a combined dinner along with Freeman Winery and Brick & Mortar. Big thanks to Emily Martin events, our local Jetsetting Fashionista.
Valentine's at Timber Cove Resort in Jenner: Ali, Eric and Sandwich are pouring from 4-6pm in the great room. Timber Cove Resort is a wonderful place to relax along the Sonoma Coast. Dog friendly too! Let us know if you make plans, if the weather cooperates, an afternoon gathering around the firepit would be so fun.
Thank you for your LOVE and sharing the Smith Story too! Find us daily on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, we're just getting the world of TikTok started. The YOUTUBE CHANNEL IS NOW LIVE TOO! #smithstorywines
- Ali, Eric and Dusty.